Any person who has cause to believe that a child has suffered abuse or neglect should report such incidents.
These people are legally required to report child abuse or neglect:
- Medical practitioners
- Social service counselors and therapists
- Medical examiners
- School personnel
- Child care providers
- Law enforcement officers
- Juvenile probation officers
- Corrections employees
- DSHS employees
- Placement and liaison specialists
- Responsible living skills program staff
- HOPE center staff
- State family and children ombudsman
- Adults residing with a child suspected to have been severely abused
Continued next week.
Child Abuse Series:
- Child Abuse Prevention Tips
- Tips to Prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Tips for Intervention
- Reporting Child Abuse
The Cleveland Police Foundation, in partnership with the Cleveland Division of Police and the Ohio Crime Prevention Association present these tips so citizens can help to make our community safer.