NEIGHBORHOOD BLOCK WATCH PROGRAM (cont.)
Procedures for reporting to police:
When reporting a crime, please remain calm and give this information slowly over the telephone:
1) Identify yourself by name, address and phone number, or if preferred remain anonymous.
2) Identify the type of incident (burglary, assault, suspicious persons, or vehicles, etc.).
3) Describe if a crime is “in progress” or ” has occurred”. Be sure to note time of occurrence.
4) Describe location. Be as specific as possible, and try to have an address when you report the crime.
5) Give as complete a description as possible of person(s) or vehicle(s).
6) Give the direction of travel (north, south, east or west).
7) Finally, try to remain on the phone and assist the dispatcher as much as possible until you are no longer needed.
(cont. next week)