Practice safe habits with alcohol this holiday season! And if you are a host, here are some considerations to make to help your guests stay safe.
Hosting a party
- Have non-alcoholic beverages available for party guests.
- Find alternative transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Arrange for an official designated driver for your party who will not drink at all.
Attending a party
- Have something to eat before consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Plan on eating high protein foods that will stay in your stomach longer and slow the absorption of alcohol into your system.
- Remember only time will eliminate the alcohol from your body.
- Know your safe limit.
- NEVER DRINK & DRIVE
– fin –
Holiday Safety Tips Article Series
- Safety at Home
- Driving on the Holidays
- Shopping with Children
- ATMs and Solicitations
The Cleveland Police Foundation, in partnership with the Cleveland Division of Police and the Ohio Crime Prevention Association present these tips so citizens can help to make our community safer.