Bullying does not always happen in person. Cyberbullying is a type of bullying that happens online or through text messages or emails.
There are things you can do to protect yourself:
- Always think about what you post. You never know what someone will forward. Do not share anything that could hurt or embarrass anyone.
- Keep your password a secret from others. They could give it away or use it in ways you don’t want.
- Think about who sees what you post online. Privacy settings let you control who sees what.
- Talk to an adult you trust about any messages you get or things you see online that make you sad or scared. If it is cyberbullying, REPORT IT.
- Bullying Part I
- Bullying Part II
- Bullying Part III – What Kids Can Do
- Bullying Part IV – Cyberbullying
The Cleveland Police Foundation, in partnership with the Cleveland Division of Police and the Ohio Crime Prevention Association present these tips so citizens can help to make our community safer.